So last night (very late) I was scrolling through Bloglovin and saw that pretty much everyone I follow was posting about Teacher Week '13. I just had the chance to sit down and read about it and I am so excited! I'm still very new to the blogging world and I love learning about all the cute linky parties! So tonight and this week I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week '13!
Each day this week there is a different topic to post about. Here is this week's agenda!
SO excited! I am teaching CD (child development aka 4K) at a school I fell in love with while subbing earlier this year! I could not be more excited about this new journey!
2. My mom and godmother teach CD together at another school in our district. How lucky am I to have 2 amazing people to help me through my first year?!
3. I cheered for 10 years in middle school, high school, and college. High school and all star cheerleading was (and still is) my passion. I'm now coaching the Varsity cheerleading squad at my former high school with one of my best friends! We are having too much fun reminiscing about the old days while we're with our new girls!
4. I have the cutest King Charles Spaniel named Tucker! She is a little diva and the baby of the family. Everyone says that Tucker is a boy's name, but my Tucker is not the most lady-like. She snores louder than a man and often burps after she eats. She has kind of "let herself go" the last few years and got a little "fluffy" as my mom would say. I think the name Tucker fits her well. This is my brother's friends and me last Christmas when we decided to put on our tackiest Christmas sweaters and take a family picture. I've known these guys for years and they are too funny! There's never a dull moment at our house because it's always full of these guys. Doesn't Tucker look adorable?!
5. I'm a little bit of a country girl. My dad's family has a place out in the country that I've grown up going to. We have about 100 acres of land on a river where we hunt and fish. I learned how to drive our 4-wheeler out there by myself when I was 6. I thought I was the coolest first grader in my class! My dad is a huge hunter and fisherman. Our foyer is full of wildlife! (It really doesn't look as redneck as it sounds!) This is my brother, two of his friends, my best friend Ashley, and me out at our family's country house after the boys went on an armadillo hunt. I promise, we're really not rednecks!
6. I'm also a saltwater baby! I was born and raised in Charleston on the Stono River. I couldn't imagine not living near the water! We spend almost every weekend out on our dock or on the boat. I live less than 15 minutes away from the beach but I hardly ever go. Why go to the beach when I can walk out my front door and be on the water??
7. I'm a huge baseball fan! I've grown up around baseball because my brother has played since he was 4. He played year round which I loved. If we weren't at a cheerleading competition, we were at a baseball tournament pretty much every weekend till we both graduated from college. One year my sorority sisters voted me "Most Likely to Know More About Baseball Than the Average Guy"!
8. I have a sweet boyfriend named Ross. He is the most thoughtful and sweetest person I have ever met. He reminds me a lot of my dad, which I love. We met last year in college and have been together pretty much ever since. His hometown is the town we went to college in and he still lives there with his family. I moved home to Charleston after I graduated in December. He's a manager at Outback Steakhouse and one of the things I miss most about us living in the same town is him bringing me Outback food home when he got off work! I miss him too of course, but man do I miss those cheese fries! This is us shagging at my sorority's formal last year.
9. I have an amazing family! I could not have asked for better parents. I was truly blessed with them. I only have one brother and he is three years younger than me. My mom is one of 4 and my dad is one of 5 so I have lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins. Almost all of us live in Charleston and I am so glad I have all of my family close to me.
10. I cannot live without my clothes steamer! I have no idea how I lived without it! I HATE ironing. I hate it so much that I even bribe my mom to iron some of my clothes for me. But then I got the most awesome Christmas gift ever...a steamer! It has made my life SO much easier! All of those delicate fabrics you can't iron but end up so wrinkly just hanging in your closet...they can all be steamed! It is a lifesaver! It's almost as fun to use as my laminator!
Well I hope you liked the first day of Teacher Week! It's always so hard to come up with things about yourself! I'm so excited for the classroom tour tomorrow! I hope I can get it cleaned up a little bit to take some pictures!