Saturday, July 27, 2013

Birthday Fun

Wow, it has been a crazy two weeks!  I've been dying to sit down and blog, but I just haven't had the time!  Between interviews, work, my birthday, cheerleading practice, and my dad having surgery, I couldn't find the time to sit down and blog!  Finally things have calmed down a little bit and I can finally write about everything that has been going on!  I suppose I'll start with my birthday!  My 23rd birthday was on Monday, July 22!  I had so much going on before and after my birthday I couldn't seem to really get excited about it.  Besides, what's so good about turning 23??  I celebrated with friends on Sunday and went to dinner with my family on Monday.  My friends and I went bowling at a retro bowling alley downtown and ate dinner there afterwards.  We had so much fun!  If you haven't bowled in a while, you should round up a few friends and go!  On my actual birthday, I had breakfast at my favorite place before work with my parents and my boyfriend.  If you're ever in the Charleston area, you have to have breakfast at the Bagel Cafe (formally known as Bagel Nation).  It's a small place on James Island in a shopping center with THE best bagels I've ever had!  I'm serious!  And I'm not just saying this because my Godfather owns it ;)  They truly have an awesome breakfast!  So after breakfast I went to work and I only had 6 students!  Happy birthday to me!  I usually have about 12!  After work I had an interview for two different jobs at a school I subbed at that I really like.  After the interview I went home to find a freshly baked cake!  Who knew my boyfriend knew how to bake??  I opened a few presents then got ready for dinner with my family at P.F. Changs.  It was my first time eating there and OMG it is delicious!!  If you go, I suggest trying the chicken lettuce wraps, orange chicken, and the banana spring rolls for dessert!  So, I had a pretty awesome birthday!  And I got TONS of teachery gifts!  I took a few pictures of some of the school things I got that I am SO excited about!

Pretty much the only thing I wanted for my birthday was a laminator (and a job)!  My boyfriend thought it was so silly, but he got me exactly what I wanted!  I haven't used it yet, but I've been printing a lot of things off today that I'm going to try to laminate tonight!  
These are some gifts from my sweet friends and family members!  I've been going to every Target looking for the Dry-Erase Pockets and I have had NO luck!  My friend found some at the Target near her house and she got me a handful!!  I was so excited!  She also got me two books!  Another one of my sweet friends made me a "1st Year Teacher Survival Kit"!  How cute?!  That super cute black and white bag is a LUNCHBOX!!  And it was FULL of awesome things like pens, post-its, a Starbucks gift card, a Staples gift card, and a Massage Envy gift card!  OMG I cannot wait to use them!
 Here are a few of the other teachery gifts: a lesson plan book, a Lilly Pulitzer planner (my favorite planner), inflatable dice, labeled binder clips, a gift certificate to a teacher store, and a Thirty-One bag!
 I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family!  They made my birthday so special!  I can't wait to use all these cute things!  I have so many things I want to blog about, but I don't want to make this post so long!  I'll wait until next time to share the pictures of the awesome books I got yesterday at a book sale!  And I have something really exciting to share, but that will have to wait a little longer ;)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment